- In order to execute the last mile connectivity rail connectivity and internal rail projects of the Major Ports more effectively and efficiently a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) – The Indian Port Rail Corporation (IPRC) is incorporated under the Companies Act 2013, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India.
- 90% of the paid-up equity of the company has been provided by the 11 Major Ports and 10% by the Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL). The Authorized Capital of the company is Rs. 500 Crore and Paid-up Capital is Rs. 100 Crore. It is also proposed that IPRCL may raise funding from Multilateral / Bi-lateral agencies and other financial institutions in future.
- The work of the SPV will result in substantial reduction in dwell time of cargo at Ports and bring down the overall logistic cost for trade.
- IPRCL has already started operations and has so far commenced works for 10 (ten) projects. List of these 10 works is attached.
- Detailed Project reports (DPRs) of three works are finalized and bids have been invited and are under finalization. DPRs of another 13 works are under preparation/finalization.
- Cost of all the works with IPRCL is Rs 6000 Crores approximately.
Indian Port Rail Corporation Limited,
4th Floor, Nirman Bhavan, Mumbai Port Trust Building, M.P Road, Mazgaon (E), Mumbai - 400010
List of Projects (Works commenced)
|Sl. No.||Name of project||Port||Completion Timeline||Cost in Lakhs INR|
|1||Upgradation of the Track Nos. 10,12,14, 16, 18,19,20,21, 22 and 23 at EJC yard (10 Km)||Kolkata Port Trust||Combined Target of Completion; Year 2017-18||3500|
|2||Modernization and up-gradation of the existing railway network (4 Km)||900|
|3||Providing railway track between Marshalling Yard and Hare Island(12 Km)||V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust||Target of Completion; Year 2018-19||7200|
|4||Laying of new railway track at west of western yard I and laying paving block loading Platform (6 Km)||Chennai Port Trust||Target of Completion; Year 2017-18||1300|
|5||Providing direct connection between OEC and Western sector joining at NAD curve from E.Co. Railway (6 Km)||Visakhapatnam Port Trust||Target of Completion; Year 2017-18||1750|
|6||Connection of dead end line at North of R& D yard to Eastern Grid (Third line) from East Coast Railways (4 Km)||Visakhapatnam Port Trust||Target of Completion; Year 2017-18||950|
|7||Up-gradation of Platform no.2 & 3 in the Port Marshalling yard (CTR= 3 Km)||New Mangalore Port Trust||Combined Target of Completion; Year 2017-18||800|
|8||Up-gradation of Railway Line 1 &2 (CTR-3 Km)|
|9||Rail Connectivity to 4th Terminal being developed by BMCTPL (PSA) (5 Km)||Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust||Target of Completion; Year 2017-18 (PMC by IPRCL)||5000 (Cost of PMC;500)|
|10||3rd Line between Jasai and JNPT (12 Km)||Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust||Target of Completion; Year 2018-19||12600|