Implementation of the projects identified under the Sagarmala Programme will be taken up by the relevant Ports, State Governments / Maritime Boards, Central Ministries, mainly through private or PPP mode.
The Sagarmala Development Company Limited (SDCL) has been incorporated (on 31st August 2016) under the Companies Act, 2013, after obtaining approval of the Union Cabinet on 20th July 2016. SDCL has been set up under the administrative control of Ministry of Shipping with an initial Authorized Share Capital of Rs. 1,000 Crore and a Subscribed Share Capital of Rs. 250 Crore. SDCL will provide equity support for the project Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) set up by the Ports / State / Central Ministries and funding window and /or implement only those residual projects which cannot be funded by any other means / mode.
Objectives of SDCL
- Develop & formulate projects emanating from the National Perspective Plan (NPP)
- Assist project SPVs set up by Central Line Ministries / State Governments/State Maritime Boards/Ports etc. for projects in alignment with Sagarmala objectives
- Provide funding window for residual projects that cannot be funded by any other means/mode
- Prepare the Detailed Master Plans for the Coastal Economic Zones (CEZs) identified as part of the National Perspective Plan
- Raise funds from multi-lateral and bilateral agencies as debt/equity (as long term capital), as per the project requirements
Sagarmala Development Company Limited
124, 1st floor, Thapar House, Janpath Lane, New Delhi - 110001